Gauge Calibration and Cylinder Inspection Services
Founded in 2006 by Mr John Florence, Westflo Technical Services now incorporated as a Fathom Systems company, have built a reputable track record in providing a value for money service primarily to the Commercial Diving sector. Offering on site instrumentation gauge calibration, certification and cylinder inspection services, Westflo are the preferred industry choice with regular and scheduled presence on a number of Dive Support Vessels and shore based facilities in the UK and Continental Europe.
To confirm and assure the most accurate performance of instrumentation and as a general industry standard requirement, depth and pressure gauges used in safety critical applications are examined, serviced, calibrated and tested at a 6 monthly interval. This service is provided using the appropriate test equipment from an extensive range of assets held by Fathom Systems to cover all eventualities, the certification of which is traceable back to a national standard.
This service is further enhanced by the provision of replacement components at a time when a gauge is withdrawn from operation.
Gauge calibration and cylinder inspection services offered are also suited to onshore plant facilities, marine sector vessels, offshore platforms and FPSO’s with Westflo already appointed as the service provider for several non-Diving Clients.
All calibration and inspection services are carried out by certified and competent personnel and in accordance with IMCA D 018 guidelines and recommended code of practice. All gauges are tested against certified test equipment traceable back to a national standard.
Depth Gauges (to IMCA detail sheet 18)
- Checked to an accuracy of ±0.25% of max. scale value at a min of 10 points within the scale.
Life Support Gauges (to IMCA detail sheet 19)
- Visual examination and check to an accuracy of ±1.6% of max scale value at a min of 6 points within the scale.
Indicating Gauges (to IMCA detail sheet 20)
- Visual examination for physical condition and function test throughout normal operating range.
- Checked to an accuracy of ±0.25% of max. from TXD readout with adjustment in situ using zero and full-scale potentiometers.
Pressure Relief Valves (to IMCA detail sheet 24.3)
- Visual examination and function test followed by a leak test to maximum working pressure. Relief valves are tested against certified test equipment traceable back to a national standard.
Gas cylinders and pressure vessels are inspected using a high intensity light source and borescope
- Seamless gas cylinders and pressure vessels (non-wet use), dry internal service to IMCA detail sheet 9.1
- Seamless gas cylinders and pressure vessels (non-wet use), wet internal service to IMCA detail sheet 9.2
- Seamless gas cylinder (wet use), service to IMCA details sheet 10.1
- Composite gas cylinder, service to IMCA detail sheet 10.2
Fathom Systems is ISO9001 accredited with Lloyd’s Register and have a certified track record with DNV GL, BV and ABS. We offer a team of experienced gauge calibration and cylinder inspection service personnel to attend client facilities both onshore and offshore globally, providing technical service and support – 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year.
For further details of capability, please refer to the Gauge Calibration and Cylinder Inspection Services brochure or contact John Florence at Fathom Systems on 01224 401000 (JohnF@fathomsystems.co.uk) or alternatively contact email@example.com.